Friday, April 20, 2007

Sick of the Word Cancer

I thought we were past the cancer scare, but my mom found a lump in her breast and they did a mammogram on it and an ultra sound. I am taking her to the cancer doctor on Tuesday. I am praying that it is benign. They said it didn't look good but I know God works miracles and I am trusting in him for a miracle. I am falling apart right now. I am getting ready for finals in nine classes and trying to deal with my mom's health issues. She is the reason I am hurrying my education, so she can see me graduate. I am usually the rock in my family but I feel so alone right now. Sometimes life gets bigger than all of us. I am sick of the word cancer. My sister died of cancer and now my mom is facing it. I hate the word. I need to take a deep breath and and keep my eyes on the horizon. No race is ever won by staying on the starting line. I will run this race and I will come out victorious. God promises that our burdens will not be carried alone. I need to keep reminding myself that mom is a tough woman. She had ten kids, endured the passing of a husband, daughter and four grandchildren. She has had a major heart attack, she has diabetes, emphezema, osteoporosis and now a lump in her breast. She will be fine. She has to be fine, because I am not ready to lose her.

No comments: