Thursday, April 12, 2007

Teachers

Sometimes, I am amazed by some people who want to become educators. I have some teachers who seem to grade more on whether or not they like you, than on your abilities. You don't have to do anything to them or say anything to them, they just decide they don't like you and it is reflected in your grade, regardless of your abilities. I have one teacher who makes me sick. He flirts with a particular student throughout class and we are all aware of what he is doing. The one thing I have learned about getting my education is, you are better off taking classes online. Your teacher can't discriminate against you if they never meet you. It really is unfair to all students involved. You can have all the abilities in the world but if a teacher decides for whatever reason they don't like you, there goes your A. I get really frustrated by this. I pay to get an education and I put forth great effort to that end. One of my teachers always tries to draw us into discussions and then when our opinions differ, it reflects in our grades. Is this really what college education has become? What happened to education being about learning? I have always thought the idea of college was to further your education. If a teacher sees that you are putting for your efforts and making progress it should reflect in your grade. What I see now in class rooms, is discrimination. You have to be either a butt kissing flirt or a silent lamb in order for a teacher to give you the grade you work so hard to earn. So far my education has been disappointing. The classes I thought would be horrible are the ones I enjoy the most. English 101 has made me feel successful. I work hard at putting together my essays and I am rewarded for my efforts. Middle East history was a class I had to take and I really enjoy it. It of course is also online. I am so appreciative of these two classes. Out of nine classes, I have two that make me feel like my effort is well spent. There is always a silver lining.:)

No comments: